:: SOLVED :: webapp ChatrouletteApp not working

• Hello!

I m a new customer from ChatRoulette Clone system.

I have a red5 server and try to follow the steps that are included at readme file.

I already look at this forum for more detailed information regarding the red5 instance.

Well, I have downloaded the ChatrouletteApp and edited the database information as indicated.
    Moved all files to my webappp directory and restarted red5 0.8 but doesnt works.

I m a little confused when I read about "Deploy the applet"

What is this? Is to just copy all content (move from - to) or is some command to be executed?

If you can help me will be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Rafael

• Now I m getting these erros:

Exception in thread "Launcher:/ChatrouletteApp" org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'web.context' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through bean property 'clientRegistry': : Cannot find class [org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource] for bean with name 'dataSource' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource] for bean with name 'dataSource' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireByType(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1091)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:982)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:472)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:380)
    at org.red5.server.tomcat.TomcatLoader$1.run(TomcatLoader.java:539)
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource] for bean with name 'dataSource' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1141)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.predictBeanType(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:524)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.isFactoryBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1177)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanNamesForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactoryUtils.beanNamesForTypeIncludingAncestors(BeanFactoryUtils.java:187)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.findAutowireCandidates(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:652)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.resolveDependency(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:610)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireByType(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1076)
    … 14 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)
    at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:211)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinition.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanDefinition.java:385)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1138)
    ... 21 more

Anyone can help me?

• If your Red5 server runs properly and accepts RTMP connections, version 2.8 should work without any hassle (just upload the ChatRouletteApp.zip into your server and extract the ChatRouletteApp directory into /red5/webapps).

CRC 3.x is a little bit tricky since it uses database. This can cause a headache I know. Please read our posts about Installing Red5 on cPanel servers ( http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/thread-21.html ). Read the last pages too, we are adding new info that may help. Please also read other posts here: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/forum-7.html

• Hello!

First of all thanks for your info.

We use Red5 servers for VideoChat applications and it works fine.

I have tested with version 2.8 and works without problems.

The problem ocurrs only when we try to use the new releases with database integration.

:(

• Yesssssss

Problem Solved !!!

After many tryes, I found the problem.

Download the Commons Lib from Apache:

wget *** YOUR MIRROR ***/commons-dbcp-1.4-bin.zip

Move it to your webapps folder into red5 = /opt/red5/dist/webapps/ChatrouletteApp/WEB-INF/lib

Restart your server.

NOTE:

I have inside /opt/red5/dist/webapps/ChatrouletteApp/WEB-INF/lib these files:

commons-dbcp-1.4.jar
    mysql-connector-java-5.1.12-bin.jar
    tomcat-dbcp.jar

Thanks for all help !!

Regards,
    Rafael

• Rafael, what is the Red5 version you are using with CRC 3.3 ?
    Our servers run Red5 0.8 and CRC 3.3 without problem (also noticed that most Red5 hosting providers use 0.8 instead of the latest 0.9.1 Final) .
    I wonder if you run 0.9 since we were unable to run JabberCam (CRC 2.8 - 3.3) on Red5 0.9.1 until now.

• Hello!

I m running RED5 0.8.0

I m a service provider and we have our own host, not use third part hosting to host red5.

I m using also the latest version 3.3 downloaded from customer portal.

Thanks!

• Hello,
    It seems there is a significant difference between 0.8 and 0.9 since most of the providers are unable to run CRC 3 (and other video scripts) on 0.9
    Thanks!

• Yes, We have some videochat applications running and 0.9 doesnt works.

We still using 0.8

Thanks