Error 1096

• Hi - I've got my JabberCam App installed and running on my site, but when I placed it's page under PHP password protection, it gave me an HTTP error. I've attached a screen shot below.

Is there any way to avoid this or allow the JabberCam app to authenticate itself? It can't get data back into the page it's on so it won't work.

Do I need to protect the entire directory instead of just a single page?

Thanks!
    Alex

It's Error #1096 by the way.

• @'David:

Hi - I've got my JabberCam App installed and running on my site, but when I placed it's page under PHP password protection, it gave me an HTTP error. I've attached a screen shot below.

Is there any way to avoid this or allow the JabberCam app to authenticate itself? It can't get data back into the page it's on so it won't work.

Thanks!
    Alex

Are you protecting the whole directory (allow only authenticated users) or just the admin script (/jabbercam/* dir)?

• @'JabberCam':

@'David:

Hi - I've got my JabberCam App installed and running on my site, but when I placed it's page under PHP password protection, it gave me an HTTP error. I've attached a screen shot below.

Thanks!
    Alex

Are you protecting the whole directory (allow only authenticated users) or just the admin script (/jabbercam/* dir)?

We're just protecting "chat.php" which is the page the ChatRouletteClone_h.swf is located on. There are no other pages in that directory that are protected.

• I think the easy way would be to place it under a folder and protect the folder. Otherwise you should look for customizing the code after your needs (include authentication).

• But you can confirm that error 1096 is an authentication error?

• I just tried removing the PHP authentication code from the chat page…...I'm still getting Error 1096, so it doesn't appear to be an authentication problem.

• Please post your link here or send me a PM