Importing GeoIP data to Govido

• Govido (RVC 4.0 and up) is capable to offer GeoIP info about the chat partner. In order to use this functionality, you'll need to download a 3rd party GeoIP database.

Instructions:

You will need to download a master IP to country list from one of the many providers. The CSV format GeoLite database by MaxMind (see http://www.maxmind.com/app/geoip_country) has been tested with JabberCam's this import script, but any other IP to country files should be compatible. This file must be comma separated, with the columns in the following order: StartIP,EndIP,StartLong,EndLong,CountryCode,CountryName (note that the StartIP and EndIP columns are not used).

Installing GeoIP database:

1. Upload the CSV data file to the /jabbercam/ipdata directory
    2. Run the GeoIP database importer (README.txt)
    3. Select the data file from the list and click Next to continue the import (click refresh to see recently uploaded files).
    4. You will need to upload additional flags to /jabbercam/flags directory (read more_flags.txt)

• I keep getting this message please help!
    Importing data
    Could not complete import: Table '****_*****.cc_country' doesn't exist
    please help!

• …./admin.php?task=install&overwrite=yes

• Is it OK if I also upload:

GeoLiteCity-Blocks, GeoLiteCity-Location and IPv6 databases and import them? I think your configuration is like that. I remember I saw city names on demo.

Best…

• Yes and no. You may change the script to locate city names too, but we didn't see any reason to include that, maybe a good idea…(isn't is just too much of info?).

What you see on the demo: Location: Paris/London and Looking for: Dating/Just Talk are the new custom filters. Both, the description and drop-down choices are configurable. They could be Interests: Cooking/Sewing/Reading/…. and Like pets: Yes/No/Just human pets/….

• Well.. yes it is :-)
    If I was in your place, I wouldn't even put geolocating :-)

• I followed instruction for geoiplite but see the error

"Could not complete import: Duplicate entry '16777216-17301503' for key 1"

Is there suppose to be this error? Thanks in advance.

@'JabberCam':

JabberCam (4.0 and up) is capable to offer GeoIP info about the chat partner. In order to use this functionality, you'll need to download a 3rd party GeoIP database.

Instructions:

You will need to download a master IP to country list from one of the many providers. The CSV format GeoLite database by MaxMind (see http://www.maxmind.com/app/geoip_country) has been tested with JabberCam's this import script, but any other IP to country files should be compatible. This file must be comma separated, with the columns in the following order: StartIP,EndIP,StartLong,EndLong,CountryCode,CountryName (note that the StartIP and EndIP columns are not used).

Installing GeoIP database:

1. Upload the CSV data file to the /jabbercam/ipdata directory
    2. Run the GeoIP database importer (README.txt)
    3. Select the data file from the list and click Next to continue the import (click refresh to see recently uploaded files).
    4. You will need to upload additional flags to /jabbercam/flags directory (read more_flags.txt)

• Empty the whole database, run …./admin.php?task=install and run the import task again.