Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up…

• I found an error which I wanted to report and need to fix. Let me explain what happens…

1. I choose my nickname (in the popup window when I first enter the page)
    2. This nickname is later displayed in the top left corner.
    It says there: "I am:" "nickname"
    3. When I change the language e.g. to German, it then says there:
    "I am:" "Ich"
    instead of "Ich:" "nickname".

--> Going back to English, it now says: "I am:" "Me"
    instead of "I am:" "nickname".

This really should be fixed or users can't connect any more directly because they are all called "Me" :-)

Thanks a lot for helping!
    Fabian

• Hello Fabian,
    Yes, we know about this problem and it is caused just because the language files aren't updated after lang_en.xml meaning, some language elements are missing or outdated in lang_de.xml. If you compare the files (lang_en.xml and lang_de.xml, under /jabbercam/language) you can fix this in a minute. We are working on a new language file that is easier to edit and update.
    Thank you for reporting!

• @'JabberCam':

Hello Fabian,
    Yes, we know about this problem and it is caused just because the language files aren't updated after lang_en.xml meaning, some language elements are missing or outdated in lang_de.xml. If you compare the files (lang_en.xml and lang_de.xml, under /jabbercam/language) you can fix this in a minute. We are working on a new language file that is easier to edit and update.
    Thank you for reporting!

Hello,

well thanks for responding. I noticed that "I am" becomes "Ich bin" when switching to German. However, "I am" does not become "Je suis" when switching to French.

Anyway… I am not really able to fix it, because I don't know the line I need to compare in the .xml files. Could you tell me the line I have to fix or to compare (German + English).

Also I would like to know, if possible, where I can edit the box that pops up at the beginning in order to enter the user's name.

Thanks for your help!
    Fabian

• /src/jabbercam/comp/StartupAlert.mxml

• @'JabberCam':

/src/jabbercam/comp/StartupAlert.mxml

Thanks! I changed StartupAlert.mxml and transferred it into a .swf

But now: Where do I put it? What do I do with it? I can't just load it up on my webspace, because it's in the /comp folder which doesn't exist there.

Thanks for your help!

• You don't need to compile it to an .swf just change it and compile a new JabberCam_v.swf

• I think code

private function initLabels() : void {
    this.myUsername.text = this.lang.getSimpleProperty('youText');

inside of JabberCam.as should be wrapped with

if(!loginScreenEnabled) {
    }

• @'Leonid':

I think code

}

Thanks a lot! I'll try it first thing next week. I don't have adobe flash builder installed where I am at the moment. I'll let you know if it works.
    Thanks

• @'Fabian':

@'Leonid':

I think code

}

Thanks a lot! I'll try it first thing next week. I don't have adobe flash builder installed where I am at the moment. I'll let you know if it works.
    Thanks

All right, I wrapped the code as you told me. It didn't do any harm :-) but unfortunatelly it didn't help either. Well, thanks anyway that you tried!!