Language doesn't always change!!

• Please see:

http://www.gotnative.com/chat/JabberCam_v.swf

You can select a language for the chat.

Sometimes it will not change the language again once you have first chosen one.

Other times, it will let you change to anything other than English.

Can someone please take a look and let me know if they get the same problems.

Also can someone please suggest why this is happening?

Do i need both the .ini and the .xml files for languages, or is one for each sufficient?

Thanks.

Also, sometimes there is no text displayed in the chat window when you have changed the language and then click next to start chatting.

Once more problem, some buttons seem to only display English text. I presume this needs changing in Flash Builder, can someone help me and let me know what I need to do/change.

Thanks.

• You need the .ini files for version 4.5+ and the .xml files for versions prior to 4.5
    Some language files are not properly translated, translation strings are missing, to fix, please compare with English (lang_en.ini), this will fix the buttons too. By default only English is included, the rest is translated by community users and may be from previous versions.

When you start chatting and there is a blank screen, the system is waiting for "You are connected to USERNAME from COUNTRY" variables but since login screen is off, that info is not gathered. There will be a workaround included in 5.0 final.

• OK, thanks.

So in my version, 4.5, I do not need the XML files?

But I'm still having problems when you change languages, it does not go back to a language that you have previously chosen.

• Yes, you need the .ini files only. About the language change, the script is OK, there must be something else while running the script.

• OK, but I have no idea what it could be, I've got friends to test and they have the same problem too. Any suggestions what might be causing it?
    Thanks.

• I have checked Jabbercam.com and this has the same problem with not being able to go back to a previously selected language.

Can you please explain how this can be fixed or will it be fixed in 5.0?

• The bug was reported and if it is a software issue than will be fixed in one of the next releases.

• OK, Thank you. I hope it is sorted. Its not a huge problem, unless someone accidentally selected the wrong language.

Thanks.

© 2108 H7 | Powered by NodeBB

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.