Report this user feature customization

• I am using your video chat application on my site. I have purchased the licence from the chatroullete.

There is one feature in chat. "Report this user". Its working fine. But the username stored in database is in encrypted format. I am using the usernames who are registered to my site. Can anyone help me which algoritham or standard is used for encryption.

We need to display which users are blocked/Reported and by whom in our website.

• When banning someone, the stored data is not the username but the IP address:
    ip | report_count | ban_time

You can get the banned IP addresses from the database using a MySQL query
    The number of reports (report_count) needed to ban a user is found in config.php ($NUM_REPORTS_TO_BAN).
    In config.php you also find the ban timeout ($BAN_TIMEOUT).

/* User filtering and ban*/
    $FILTER_TIMEOUT = 30;			    // set the filter button, minutes (do not connect to filtered user for XX minutes)
    $NUM_REPORTS_TO_BAN = 3;			 // set the report button (number of reports needed for a user to be banned)
    $BAN_TIMEOUT = 180;				  // set the report button, minutes (ban reported user for XX minutes)
    /* Maintenance settings */
    $REMOVE_SESSIONS_OLDER_THAN = '180'; // set the amount of time, minutes, sessions to be cleared by the ?task=cleanAllOlder function

With a simple script, where $REPORT_COUNT is equal or higher than $NUM_REPORTS_TO_BAN and $BAN_TIMEOUT is not expired, you have the list of banned users.

Your website may also store the IP address of the users (when registering), you can make a comparison.

The problem with this method is that users are logging in from different locations …

• Thanks for your reply, actually the question was not perfect for my solution.

I would like to add 2 fields to the table "bans"
    1. Banned username
    2. Banned by username

How can I get that values in functions.php.

@'JabberCam':

When banning someone, the stored data is not the username but the IP address:
    ip | report_count | ban_time

You can get the banned IP addresses from the database using a MySQL query
    The number of reports (report_count) needed to ban a user is found in config.php ($NUM_REPORTS_TO_BAN).
    In config.php you also find the ban timeout ($BAN_TIMEOUT).

/* User filtering and ban*/
    $FILTER_TIMEOUT = 30;			    // set the filter button, minutes (do not connect to filtered user for XX minutes)
    $NUM_REPORTS_TO_BAN = 3;			 // set the report button (number of reports needed for a user to be banned)
    $BAN_TIMEOUT = 180;				  // set the report button, minutes (ban reported user for XX minutes)
    /* Maintenance settings */
    $REMOVE_SESSIONS_OLDER_THAN = '180'; // set the amount of time, minutes, sessions to be cleared by the ?task=cleanAllOlder function

With a simple script, where $REPORT_COUNT is equal or higher than $NUM_REPORTS_TO_BAN and $BAN_TIMEOUT is not expired, you have the list of banned users.

Your website may also store the IP address of the users (when registering), you can make a comparison.

The problem with this method is that users are logging in from different locations …

© 2108 H7 | Powered by NodeBB

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.