Indentify user session

• I have identified this piece of code where the netstream connect users. but i need to understand how peerId is associated with user id in the user session objects in red5?

I want to record user stream.

Please suggest.

Thanks
    Pavan

• The userId in the the user session is a 64 chars string randomly generated for the current user (to match the p2p id’s when used with Cirrus).
    When connected to a peer, the peerId is stored in the chats table – (userId, peerId) form a unique key.

• I understand the userids are randomly generated and the pair of user ids that have chat, are stored in the chat table. How can I use those ids and link then with ids from netstream object? I am trying to understand how to use users ids to get access to the red5 stream from the user x?

I need to record stream from user x and y both. when i connect i see two cameras user x and y i need to have access to those two cams, not just my own cam.

Please help.

Thanks

• Moderator please help

• Check the "Connect me to user ID" method in the source code … that connects you to a given user ID if exists/online.

• I have version 3.0. please suggest according to it.

@'JabberCam':

Check the "Connect me to user ID" method in the source code … that connects you to a given user ID if exists/online.

• Moderator help..

@'pavanshinde':

I have version 3.0. please suggest according to it.

@'JabberCam':

Check the "Connect me to user ID" method in the source code … that connects you to a given user ID if exists/online.

• The streams are named exactly as their user's id (userId)
    in the code:
    stream.publish(userId) - refer to onPeerConnect method (the one labeled as Red5 only)

• Ok Thanks, i am running the application using red 5 server, does it have anything to do with the function.php file and the database?

I mean when i run the application using red 5.. then does the application use the function.php file and database?

OR the function.php file is only used when server is Stratus?

Please reply to this. This will resolve my issue.

Many thanks again.

@'pavanshinde':

Moderator help..

@'pavanshinde':

I have version 3.0. please suggest according to it.

@'JabberCam':

• When you are using Red5, the connections and database are handled by the java application for Red5 (the app you installed in /webapps)

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.