GeoIP import

• Hello –

We bought the GeoIP database and ftp'd it into the server. It sees it on the admin page after the update. I am confused by the instructions that say to "run the database importer (README.TXT)" -- I dont see anything in the RVC README.TXT and there was nothing other than the license file with the GeoIP database.

The admin/importIP sees the file but returns with:

Could not complete import: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' , '', '')' at line 1

I did the (re)install and overwrite on the website. This came back without any errors. I redid the importIP and it produced the same error. The columns are all in the format required, so Im not sure what else is wrong here?

Thanks.

• admin.php?task=importIp
    You have to use the same database structure that the script uses. To achieve that, simply download the default database (read instructions at admin.php?task=importIp) and compare to the database you bought, make sure it has similar columns and same ordering (description).

• @'JabberCam':

admin.php?task=importIp
    You have to use the same database structure that the script uses. To achieve that, simply download the default database (read instructions at admin.php?task=importIp) and compare to the database you bought, make sure it has similar columns and same ordering (description).

Thanks again for the reply.

I deleted the header row in the CSV and I got further in the IP import; however, it reported a 500 page error after about a minute. Seems to have gotten to "step2" by looking at the address bar and seeing "task=importIp&action=step2" … but it bombed with the 500 page error coming back.

Did the import happen? Is there any way to test it?

• It is a host server setting (the file is too large and it is not allowed to be executed/imported) try cutting the database in pieces and import the data in few separate steps or send the file to server admin.

You can also import the db we recommend and check, how it looks in your database (phpMyadmin) than empty the tables and import data using phpMyadmin (or mysqldump from shell):

mysql -u yourdatabase -p < geoIPdatabase.sql

```*only if you are sure the structure is ready, else, use phpMyadmin

© 2108 H7 | Powered by NodeBB

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.