Video Quality?

• Does the Video Quality depends on the client, the software (RVC in this case), or the server (Red5 vs Cirrus)?

• The quality depends of the user's internet connection speed. However, RVC starts with lower quality that can be enhanced by pressing "Preview my video". This button can be copied and renamed if needed.

• @'JabberCam':

The quality depends of the user's internet connection speed. However, RVC starts with lower quality that can be enhanced by pressing "Preview my video". This button can be copied and renamed if needed.

Hello, how does the quality change depending on the user internet connection speed? Does it automatically detect the speed and set the quality accordingly, which mine doesn't seem to be doing.

Thanks

• Yes, it is a function in the software. If you click "Preview my video" it will set the quality to 100%

• @'JabberCam':

Yes, it is a function in the software. If you click "Preview my video" it will set the quality to 100%

Thank you for your reply. How can I set the quality to 100% at startup? I tried editing the JabberCam.as file and edit all 3 setQuality options to setQuality(0, 100) but that didn't change anything as the default quality is still low at startup.

(Also sent you an email without reading http://www.chatroulette-clone.com/contact/, apologies for that)

• @'flora':

@'JabberCam':

Yes, it is a function in the software. If you click "Preview my video" it will set the quality to 100%

Thank you for your reply. How can I set the quality to 100% at startup? I tried editing the JabberCam.as file and edit all 3 setQuality options to setQuality(0, 100) but that didn't change anything as the default quality is still low at startup.

(Also sent you an email without reading http://www.chatroulette-clone.com/contact/, apologies for that)

Would appreciate a reply to my question above. Thank you in advance

• Never done Actionscript before, but after a bit of investigating I found the issue. Looks like setQuality didn't get through on some positions, had to change the positions. You can test it by adding Alert.show("test"); for example.

if(btnPreview.selected && camera) {
    Alert.show("This shows up after clicking on the preview button");
    } else if(camera) {
    Alert.show("This message never shows");
    }

else if (camera) doesn't seem to function for some reason.

• private function startVideo()
    second if(curCamera)

here you can set the quality using curCamera.setQuality and/or curCamera.setMode

private function startVideo():void
    		{
    			if (true) // TODO: Recognize no video settings
    			{
    				if(curCamera) {
    					curCamera.removeEventListener(StatusEvent.STATUS, onCameraStatus);
    				}

curCamera = Camera.getCamera(cameraIndex.toString());

if (curCamera)
    				{
    					if(!curCamera.muted != cameraAllowed) {
    						cameraAllowed = !curCamera.muted;

cameraChangedStatus();
    					}

curCamera.removeEventListener(StatusEvent.STATUS, onCameraStatus);
    					curCamera.addEventListener(StatusEvent.STATUS, onCameraStatus);

vidMe.attachCamera(curCamera);
    					if (outgoingStream)
    					{
    						outgoingStream.attachCamera(curCamera);
    					}
    				}
    			}
    			else

```*JabberCam.as

© 2108 H7 | Powered by NodeBB

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.