No sound - RVC 5

• Hello,

There is absolutely no sound on both ends. Please take a lok: rvc.ratemyhot.com

I have tried to adjust volume control, but did not help. Seem like system sounds (when typing) are OK.

Any idea?

• The voice with AFP and Cirrus is not the best, for example, there is no voice echo cancellation and the technology is not perfect yet. Do not expect Skype quality.
    RVC has voice support included as described in the documentation and code samples provided by Adobe. We cannot do more at the moment. If for some reason the voice is not working, check your modifications (compare your files with the orignal package).

• I have just copied all files from the Zip file you guys sent us, no modifications. I will PM you with FTP details, so you can take a look. Really appreciate your help.

• The files in the archive are the ones tested and used at jabbercam.com (exact copy), it is the correct technology as described. If you did not change anything except $WEB_SERVICE_URL it must to work. Check if /services folder is writable, the rest cannot be changed.

• I took a look at your domain. The page loads extremely slow. This may be the reason for no audio and poor video quality, since the software will adjust video quality based on the connection speed. If you did not alter te source code, audio should be just fine.

About the ad, I could not check if the .swf file is working, directory listing is disabled. Please post here the exact name of the .swf video in /jabbercam/media/video/ folder (case sensitive).

• @'JabberCam':

I took a look at your domain. The page loads extremely slow. This may be the reason for no audio and poor video quality, since the software will adjust video quality based on the connection speed. If you did not alter te source code, audio should be just fine.

About the ad, I could not check if the .swf file is working, directory listing is disabled. Please post here the exact name of the .swf video in /jabbercam/media/video/ folder (case sensitive).

Hi, I have checked the site and it load fine now, but still no sound. It had to be temp problem. I think yiour configuration may not work properly on Windows server with XAMP. This is a diffrent server configuration, but it should be supported. Please check and let me know. Thanks

• It is not relevant but part of the development is made on a Windows PC, it should work. Sound is handled by the Flash Player (and Cirrus) the only possible cause that cones in mind is low connection speed. If you still have doubts, I recommend to test it on a free server or demo account and exclude server issues.

• @'JabberCam':

It is not relevant but part of the development is made on a Windows PC, it should work. Sound is handled by the Flash Player (and Cirrus) the only possible cause that cones in mind is low connection speed. If you still have doubts, I recommend to test it on a free server or demo account and exclude server issues.

I have checked speed with test speed websites and it seems OK. The video loads fine, so why would sound not work?? Can you pls. help
    as withot sound the code had no value for us. I hope you can help. Thanks

• Even with the best intentions, I cannot help with this issue. The software has sound and works on every site (with sound), including jabbercam.com. If at your server is no sound the issue is caused by you, either an accidental modification or a server/speed issue. We cannot troubleshoot problems that are not related to the software. Thank you for understanding.

© 2108 H7 | Powered by NodeBB

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.