Parner can't see My video cam

• Hi, How come my partner can't see my cam, sometimes the other way around?

I tried to fire up a second browser, only one display the partner's cam, but the one doesn't.

• Adobe Flash Player is using your webcam, if you fire up a second browser with a second instance of flash player, if won't find any available camera since your first instance is using the only one available. The same applies in case you are using your webcam with Skype, messenger or any other software, it won't work with RVC at the same time and vice-versa. The workaround is using two USB video cameras.

• @'Video:

Adobe Flash Player is using your webcam, if you fire up a second browser with a second instance of flash player, if won't find any available camera since your first instance is using the only one available. The same applies in case you are using your webcam with Skype, messenger or any other software, it won't work with RVC at the same time and vice-versa. The workaround is using two USB video cameras.

Not only, that, I chatted with someone far away, I can't see their cams but they can't see mine.
    Happened everytime…

Can you please help me with bugs...I'll give you my Cpanel info to configure it...

thanks

• Please double check if you have only one instance of RVC running and you see yourself and if yes, make the test again. The other party should see you unless your internet connection is dead slow.

• @'Video:

Please double check if you have only one instance of RVC running and you see yourself and if yes, make the test again. The other party should see you unless your internet connection is dead slow.

I'm sorry, My Internet is is strong as always…

Please Just help me fix this bugs in my cpanel, save us more time, rather than speak here and nothing will be accomplished by the end of the day...

I already speak on email if no one can't help me then I'll ask for refund.

thanks's

• I am not sure what are the bugs you keep asking to get fixed. If a software is using your USB camera, the second software cannot use it, this applies to several instances of RVC video chat as well. About the partner who does not see you, did you make the above test? Run RVC and when you see yourself, connect to your friend.

• @'JabberCam':

I am not sure what are the bugs you keep asking to get fixed. If a software is using your USB camera, the second software cannot use it, this applies to several instances of RVC video chat as well. About the partner who does not see you, did you make the above test? Run RVC and when you see yourself, connect to your friend.

Please Just help me fix this bugs in my cpanel, save us more time, rather than speak here and nothing will be accomplished by the end of the day…

I already speak on email if no one can't help me then I'll ask for refund.

thanks's

• In the meantime we made some tests on your website. The RVC is connecting fine and shows incoming video signal. We made three tests, in two cases there was video (see the attached screenshots). It seems there is something on your end that blocks the video. RVC is not broadcasting video signal from your webcam, this can have many reasons but as the other two did work fine, for sure it is not a bug or a configuration issue, more likely a busy USB camera, slow connection or firewall (?).

We noticed two other issues, you did not set up a cron job ( http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-JabberCam-RVC-5?highlight=cron+job ) to remove old sessions. This will allow users, who close their browser without logging out to stay in the database and cause connections to "phantom" users. The second thing, the GeoIP database is missing: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-JabberCam-RVC-5?highlight=GeoIP

The issue described by you is not a bug, nor an RVC missconfiguration. There is nothing to fix, RVC works fine. You will always have some users who cannot connect via RTMFP (Cirrus) since this is a peer-to-peer connection, some firewalls are blocking it. You would have beter results with RTMP (Red5) since it is not p2p but you would face a large bandwidth usage. More info here: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Red5-vs-Cirrus-Stratus

• @'JabberCam':

In the meantime we made some tests on your website. The RVC is connecting fine and shows incoming video signal. We made three tests, in two cases there was video (see the attached screenshots). It seems there is something on your end that blocks the video. RVC is not broadcasting video signal from your webcam, this can have many reasons but as the other two did work fine, for sure it is not a bug or a configuration issue, more likely a busy USB camera, slow connection or firewall (?).

We noticed two other issues, you did not set up a cron job ( http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-JabberCam-RVC-5?highlight=cron+job ) to remove old sessions. This will allow users, who close their browser without logging out to stay in the database and cause connections to "phantom" users. The second thing that is missing is the GeoIP database: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-JabberCam-RVC-5?highlight=GeoIP

The issue described by you is not a bug, nor an RVC miss-configuration. There is nothing to fix, RVC works fine. You will always have some users who cannot connect via RTMFP (Cirrus) since this is a peer-to-peer connection, some firewalls are blocking it. You would have beter results with RTMP (Red5) since it is not p2p but you would face a large bandwidth usage. More info here: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Red5-vs-Cirrus-Stratus

The problem is, You can see them, but THEY CAN'T SEE YOU.
    Even if your webcam's on.
    That's my biggest problem here…

Ask them in english, " Can you see me?"

• Look, it does not matter if you are user A, user B or user C. If you are A and you see both B and C, they see each-other but they don't see you, there is something wrong at your end, you are not sending out video signal. In the above test a user D was logged in who saw B and C but you. This clearly confirms that RVC works fine, user A does not broadcast video for some reason.

In other words, RVC is loaded from your server to four computers A, B, C, D and it works fine on B, C, D but A. This leads to a conclusion that the RVC instance running on computer A has an issue. Since al four instances are the same flash application, loaded from your domain, it leaves the only possibility that there is something wrong on computer A, it's firewall, internet connection or else. Try from another location or android mobile device to test and confirm yourself.

• Can you guys please give me the exact script from jabbercam.com instead?

It'll be my last try

Thank you

Julio

How come they can see me from Jabbercam.com but not in teh-botol.com?

So on this account, you can't say that there is something wrong on my computer, my firewall, my connection etc.

and plus in teh-botol.com Every single one of them can't see me, every single one of people i chatted with can't see me.

• Here is the .swf video chat application downloaded form jabercam.com

If you camera works on jabbercam and does not work on your site, I suggest removing the browser and Flash Player cache, maybe reinstalling AFP, we had similar issues on both PC and Mac after using the same site for long time.

• @'JabberCam':

Here is the .swf video chat application downloaded form jabercam.com

If you camera works on jabbercam and does not work on your site, I suggest removing the browser and Flash Player cache, maybe reinstalling AFP, we had similar issues on both PC and Mac after using the same site for long time.

Tho the chat application is download from jabbercam.com, Does it mean If I put it in my website It's going to connected to more than 10 websites, including, jabbercam.com, skipcam, chatroulette china, chatroulette romania, turkey, europe, russia…etc? does the users come from any of these sites?

Thanks

Julio

• Julio, this is the compiled application only, it will still use your config.php and functions.php

• Man, This is sucks, Nothing works on my software…

• As I see, now you have the same software that jabbercam.com uses and it works there, works for others, the problem may be at your end. Also, I guess your approach to locate an issue is way to "general".

• I get some feedback from the open source video chat that is basically a previous version of RVC 5.6 but never got these "bugs" on the list before. Open source video chat has way over 1000 downloads if we include SVN http://code.google.com/p/video-chat/downloads/list

• Can you just please get into my Cpanel and help me?
    Please just for this one time only.

I can't afford to pay anyone to do the Cpanel and stuff.

As I've said, If we keep this conversation up, Nothing's going to be accomplished by the end of the day.

I need some customer service here…

Thank you

Julio

• Julio, exactly what are you expecting to accomplish via cPanel? If you read the posts above, it is clear that the software is installed correctly. The only thing that can make a difference is the config.php (/jabbercam/config.php).

I ran a test on your site (teh-botol.com/jabbercam/admin.php?task=test) and it returns with the following details:

database tables OK
    Testing: ….
    Red5 OK: rtmp://67.159.60.60/JabberCamApp_tehbotol
    Stratus OFF
    System folder OK

Meaning:

to avoid any further questions about setting up the config.php, here is the exact copy of what you should use (copied from jabbercam.com and edited for you):

"English", "ru"=>"Russian", "hu"=>"Hungarian", "es"=>"Spanish", "cn"=>"Chinese", "de"=>"German", "it"=>"Italian", "fr"=>"French", "tr"=>"Turkish", "cz"=>"Czech", "ro"=>"Romanian");
    /* Timed video blur effect */
    $BLUR_EFFECT = false;					// true or false (on|off)
    $BLUR_EFFECT_INTENSITY = 30;			// initial intensity of video blur
    $BLUR_EFFECT_DURATION = 5;				// seconds
    /* Volume settings */
    $SPEAKER_VOLUME = 0.5;					// [0-1]
    $MICROPHONE_VOLUME = 0.3;				// [0-1]
    /* Ad settings */
    $AD_FOLDER = './media/video/blankscreen/';	// for video ads, directory where .swf videos are located
    $ADS_FREQUENCY=120;							// for text ads (/jabbercam/media/text). Seconds, 0 for off

// FEATURE AND FILTER SETTINGS
    /* Auto NEXT Settings */
    $AUTONEXT_VALUES = array("man"=>0, "5"=>5, "10"=>10, "30"=>30, "1min"=>60);
    /* Age filter settings */
    $AGEFILTER_VALUES = array("Off", "18-25", "26-40", "41+");
    /* Language (country) filter settings */
    $LANG_FILTERS = array("en"=>"English", "es"=>"Spanish", "cn"=>"Chinese", "ru"=>"Russian", "de"=>"German", "it"=>"Italian", "fr"=>"French", "th"=>"Thai", "tr"=>"Turkish", "cz"=>"Czech", "bg"=>"Bulgarian", "ro"=>"Romanian", "hu"=>"Hungarian");
    /* Custom filter #1 settings */
    $CUSTOM_FILTER_1_ENABLE = true;			// 'true' or 'false'
    $CUSTOM_FILTER_1_LABEL = "Location";	// any label (text)
    $CUSTOM_FILTER_1 = array("paris"=>"Paris", "london"=>"London", "sanghai"=>"Sanghai", "rome"=>"Rome", "moscow"=>"Moscow", "tokyo"=>"Tokyo", "anyother"=>"Any Other");	// option list (text)
    /* Custom filter #2 settings */
    $CUSTOM_FILTER_2_ENABLE = true;			// 'true' or 'false'
    $CUSTOM_FILTER_2_LABEL = "Looking for";	// any label (text) 
    $CUSTOM_FILTER_2 = array("dating"=>"Dating", "friends"=>"Make Friends", "look"=>"Just Look", "talk"=>"Just Talk");	// option list (text)

/*
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    */

if($SERVER_TYPE == 'Red5') {
    	$DB_HOST = $RED5_DB_HOST;
    	$DB_USER = $RED5_DB_USER;
    	$DB_PASSWORD = $RED5_DB_PASSWORD;
    	$DB_DATABASE = $RED5_DB_DATABASE;
    }

if(isset($_GET['setts'])) {
    	header('Content-type: text/xml');
    	echo '<settings><servertype>'.$SERVER_TYPE.'</servertype>';

if($SERVER_TYPE != 'Red5') {
    		echo '<webserviceurl>'.$WEB_SERVICE_URL.'</webserviceurl>'.
    		'<developerkey>'.$DEVELOPER_KEY.'</developerkey>';
    	} else {
    		echo '<red5connecturl>'.$RED5_CONNECT_URL.'</red5connecturl>';

if(isset($RED5_CONNECT_URL_B1))
    		echo '<red5connecturlb1>'.$RED5_CONNECT_URL_B1.'</red5connecturlb1>';

if(isset($RED5_CONNECT_URL_B2))
    		echo '<red5connecturlb'.(isset($red5_connect_url_b1)?'2':'1').'>'.$RED5_CONNECT_URL_B2.
    			'</red5connecturlb'.(isset($red5_connect_url_b1)?'2':'1').'>';

if(isset($RED5_CONNECT_MAIN_TIMEOUT) && (isset($RED5_CONNECT_URL_B1) || isset($RED5_CONNECT_URL_B2)))
    		echo '<red5connectmaintimeout>'.$RED5_CONNECT_MAIN_TIMEOUT.'</red5connectmaintimeout>';
    	}

echo '<languages>';
    	foreach ($LANGUAGES as $code=>$lang) {
    		echo "<lang><label></label>`$code`</lang>";
    	}
    	echo '</languages>';

echo '<langfilters>';
    	foreach($LANG_FILTERS as $code=>$lang) {
    		echo "<filter><label></label>`$code`</filter>";
    	}
    	echo '</langfilters>';

echo '<timetolive>'.$TIME_TO_LIVE.'</timetolive>';

echo '<minimumconnectedtime>'.$MINIMUM_CONNECTED_TIME.'</minimumconnectedtime>';
    	echo '<speedchatconnectedtime>'.$SPEEDCHAT_CONNECTED_TIME.'</speedchatconnectedtime>';
    	echo '<speedchatminimumconnectedtime>'.$SPEEDCHAT_MIMIMUM_CONNECTED_TIME.'</speedchatminimumconnectedtime>';
    	echo '<speeddateconnectedtime>'.$SPEEDDATE_CONNECTED_TIME.'</speeddateconnectedtime>';
    	echo '<speeddateminimumconnectedtime>'.$SPEEDDATE_MINIMUM_CONNECTED_TIME.'</speeddateminimumconnectedtime>';

echo '<agefiltervalues>';
    	foreach($AGEFILTER_VALUES as $filter) {
    		echo "";
    	}
    	echo '</agefiltervalues>';

echo '<autonextvalues>';
    	foreach($AUTONEXT_VALUES as $label=>$value) {
    		echo "<autonext><label></label><autovalue></autovalue></autonext>";
    	}
    	echo '</autonextvalues>';

if(is_dir($AD_FOLDER) === TRUE) {
    		echo '<ads>';
    		$dir = opendir($AD_FOLDER);

if($dir) {
    			while(($filename = readdir($dir)) != FALSE) {
    				if(is_file($AD_FOLDER.$filename) && preg_match('/^.+\.(?:jpg|png|gif|jpeg|swf)$/', $filename))
    				echo "<ad>{$AD_FOLDER}{$filename}</ad>";
    			}

closedir($dir);
    		}

echo '</ads>';
    	}

if($CUSTOM_FILTER_1_ENABLE) {
    		echo '<customfilter1 label="'.$CUSTOM_FILTER_1_LABEL.'">';
    		foreach($CUSTOM_FILTER_1 as $key=>$value) {
    			echo "<filter><filtervalue>$key</filtervalue><label>$value</label></filter>";
    		}
    		echo '</customfilter1>';
    	}

if($CUSTOM_FILTER_2_ENABLE) {
    		echo '<customfilter2 label="'.$CUSTOM_FILTER_2_LABEL.'">';
    		foreach($CUSTOM_FILTER_2 as $key=>$value) {
    			echo "<filter><filtervalue>$key</filtervalue><label>$value</label></filter>";
    		}
    		echo '</customfilter2>';
    	}

echo '<loginscreenenable>'.($LOGIN_SCREEN_ENABLE?'true':'false').'</loginscreenenable>';
    	echo '<camerarequired>'.($CAMERA_REQUIRED?'true':'false').'</camerarequired>';

echo '<speakervolume>'.$SPEAKER_VOLUME.'</speakervolume>';
    	echo '<microphonevolume>'.$MICROPHONE_VOLUME.'</microphonevolume>';

echo '<blureffect>'.($BLUR_EFFECT?'true':'false').'</blureffect>';
    	echo '<blureffectintensity>'.$BLUR_EFFECT_INTENSITY.'</blureffectintensity>';
    	echo '<blureffectduration>'.$BLUR_EFFECT_DURATION.'</blureffectduration>';

echo '<googleappid>'.$GOOGLE_APP_ID.'</googleappid>';

echo '<socialbuttonsloginscreen>'.($SOCIAL_BUTTONS_LOGIN_SCREEN?'true':'false').'</socialbuttonsloginscreen>';

echo '<adsfrequency>'.$ADS_FREQUENCY.'</adsfrequency>';

echo '</settings>';
    }
    ?>

About using Red5:
    Here is more info about using Red5 pros/cons: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Red5-vs-Cirrus-Stratus
    We are not installing nor supporting Red5 in no case, it is a 3rd party software that has its own development team and support. Since Red5 is open source and free, either you have to install it for yourself, ask your hosting provider or use this link: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=gsih&xhr=t&q=red5+hosting

• I don't know anything about how the Cpanel Works. Period.

I only want one thing. Please make my software Works PROPERLY!

Please get into my Cpanel, and do what you wanna do, do anything you want to, and make my my software working properly.

I don't want to hear my partner says "I CANNOT SEE YOU."

How hard is it to understand..?

thank you

Julio

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.