RVC flash + Mac == :(

• I purchased RVC couple weeks ago (think it's version 5.6_1), and it's working great with one huge exception. I can not get it working on any Macs! And by working at the minimum I mean the "Preview My Video" will not display any video. It can connect to a chat session, and display the other users video, but it will not display my video on any Mac. I'm convinced the issue is related to the defaultCamera setting in RVC and the iSight camera.

I've now tested it on 5 different Mac's (an iMac, a Mini, and 3 different Macbooks ), and have not been able to get it working on any of them. I've tried with each browser (FF, Chrome & Safari) and they all have the latest flash (10.3.183.7). I've read that flash and the iSight camera have had historical compatibility issues. This is not an "Allow" permissions, I've set permanent permissions for my domain.

My questions are:

1. Have you guys tested and confirmed that this works on a Mac with an iSight camera? If so, how did you get it working?

2. In the source code JabberCam.as there is a section for "// set Mac default camera", that doesn't appear to be doing anything. Am I missing something should that be setting a different defaultCamera on the mac instead of the "USB Video Class Video"?

Thanks

• The RVC is developed on Mac (Mac OS X Version 10.6.8) and Google Chrome. Tested with Firefox, Safari and IE. We found the same issue on some domains (even our own domains). When we tried the same domain with two different Macs (Snow and Lion), works fine. It seems to be a FP related issue that we cannot reproduce for debugging.

• We noticed the same issue on JabberCam.com with a Sony Vaio PC (Win 7) and a Mac (Snow) but works fine with a different Sony PC and two other MacBooks. Please get back if you can reproduce or debug this camera-related issue, do not focus on iSight camera since the same problem was found on a PC, it is FP related.

• @'Video:

We noticed the same issue on JabberCam.com with a Sony Vaio PC (Win 7) and a Mac (Snow) but works fine with a different Sony PC and two other MacBooks. Please get back if you can reproduce or debug this camera-related issue, do not focus on iSight camera since the same problem was found on a PC, it is FP related.

I can reproduce it on my Macbook(OSX 10.6.3) very easily, debugging is another question. What does FP stand for, Flash Plugin? What's the best way to debug flex apps like this? Is there a way to put the app in debug mode and have it do verbose logging?

I'm seeing the same behavior on http://testmycam.com, so it's clearly not an issue that is unique to RVC. But it would be nice to offer users a workaround.

• testmycam.com does not work on your mac? I've tested with a MacBook Pro 2011 (Mac OS X Version 10.6.8) and another one with latest OS X Lion, both worked. Does the green led start and no video signal or the led doesn't start either?

• I better reply here since I have the same problem in another topic.

I can confirm testmycam.com is working on my OSX lion with cinema display 27" / Isight.
    @Jabbercam, If this is not using Stratus could it be a bug related to stratus and OSX?

OK!!!
    I can confirm the test app that is here:
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cirrus/samples/
    works on my OSX lion with cinema display 27" Isight.

@Jabbercam:
    I suggest the sample app is downloaded and the way the camera is connected is looked into,
    Perhaps the code for jabber cam is not correctly for OSX. I would assume if this sample app that is using Stratus ( previously known as Cirrus ) works correctly then its a local bug in the Jabbercam code.
    could you look into it as the author of the software? My flex/flash knowledge is not that good ( I'm ruby coder )

I think definitely looking at some of those Stratus sample apps would make us been able to squash the OSX player bug out!

Some code parts from the above sample app:

// available microphone devices
    			[Bindable] private var micNames:ArrayList = new ArrayList();
    			private var micIndex:int = 0;

// available camera deviced
    			[Bindable] private var cameraNames:ArrayList = new ArrayList();
    			private var cameraIndex:int = 0;

Some has to look into the VideoPhoneLabs.mxml from that sample app to check how the camera is connected
    and port that over to jabber cam.

• Most (if not all) Stratus/Cirrus video chat software are based on the above sample provided by Jozsef Vass (Adobe), including RVC, formerly known as CRC. I cannot be sure about the very first version (purchased from a 3rd party developer) and if it was built on Stratus sample version 1, however, a few months ago I was searching for something in the old code, and I found that most libraries are almost identical with the sample. The only thing that was changed is the header (containing Adobe's license notes). We did compare newer versions (v5 is the latest) to locate relevant changes but I did not find anything related to this issue.

The problem, the same compiled .swf runs fine on a Mac for several days (weeks) and it stops after a number of reloads, we could not diagnose the exact cause. The other problem, it also happens on PC.

• Shame hoped I was on the right track, of course my suggestion was obvious and I could have guessed you already tried it.

@jabbercam:
    Can you supply me maybe with the SVC package so I can test here too?
    I just need a working solution (1), and promise not to use the code in any other way then testing, debugging.
    If the SVC works better I prefer to use that instead or RVC and we can change the license to that, with the updates.

Can you supply me with a test package?
    Or RVCS for that matter

http://demo.videosoftware.pro/rvcs/
    Seems to work fine for me! it displays my own cam perfectly

The http://jabbercam.com is not working for me,
    it seems really inside the jabbercam code somehow

• I don't have the compiled package to be released, yet. If I send you a compiled .swf, you won't be able to install it without connecting it, for example to php, to handle the database. This script works with or without php support, still needs a web service that you need to code yourself.

I expect this weekend a turnkey package, with ready to install web service: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-and-configuring-SVC-SR-video-chat

• @Jabbercam:

I ment an uncompiled version, I would like to try it out ( also if its easy to modify if i can get the idea what i want with it )
    if its all okay I would like to stop the RVC + updates i bought and change this into the RVCS or SVC package.

Bascially All I need =
    = 2x the cam window
    = videochat
    = possibility to connect 2 people
    = a way to display the username in the window

With that in mind and the problems with the current RVC package ( on osx ) I could much rather go better for any of the other options.
    If I send you my private mail can you arrange this for me? Since the current RVC payed is not usable to me if it has these strange errors.
    thx in advanche

• Whoever is logged in with this (JabberCam) account is taking care of support requests regarding RVC, no sales. Will keep you updated.

• @'jordan':

@Jabbercam:

I ment an uncompiled version, I would like to try it out ( also if its easy to modify if i can get the idea what i want with it )
    if its all okay I would like to stop the RVC + updates i bought and change this into the RVCS or SVC package.

Bascially All I need =
    = 2x the cam window
    = videochat
    = possibility to connect 2 people
    = a way to display the username in the window

With that in mind and the problems with the current RVC package ( on osx ) I could much rather go better for any of the other options.
    If I send you my private mail can you arrange this for me? Since the current RVC payed is not usable to me if it has these strange errors.
    thx in advanche

SVC-SR will be available for download this week. All existing (RVC/RVCS, upgrade only) customers will get significant discounts from the original price posted by the developers.

• Here is the update for existing videosoftware customers and developers: http://videosoftware.pro/products/9-buy-now-promo

• hi,

i have the same problem!

does anyone know already how to fix it?

thx

suspect

© 2108 H7 | Powered by NodeBB

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.