Red5/JabberCamApp ClassNotFoundException problem.

• Hi All!

I've got a CentOS 6 (i386) test VM running Red5 0.8.0, with RVC being served under Apache on the same VM. I followed the previously posted instructions to set everything up, and Red5 appears to be operating correctly. I can see JabberCamApp in the Red5 admin panel, but cannot resolve the following error in /usr/local/red5/log/error.log:

2011-10-25 10:17:09,569 [main] WARN  o.a.c.core.NamingContextListener - Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create resource factory instance [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory]

Hitting RVC's "/admin.php?task=test" yields the following output in the browser:

database tables OK
    Testing: ..
    Red5 ERROR
    Stratus OFF
    System folder OK

I've tried all the suggestions in the aforementioned instructions regarding placing jars in lib directories, to no avail. Any assistance the community could provide in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated, as I would certainly prefer to use Red5 over Stratus (Cirrus) for this application. If I can get this resolved, I'll be happy to post a fresh command-by-command, highly detailed HOWTO on getting this running properly from start to finish.

• Did you get the script working with Cirrus? This would be a good idea first, to make sure, everything is configured (use the same db for Red5). What you can test:

• does the app show up in Red5 admin?
    • do you have a firewall on your server (temporary disable it)
    • are the required ports (RTMP) open?

• Thank you for the reply. Yes, the script works with Cirrus, as shown in the following browser output (and yes, I did actually test the script as well):

database tables OK
    Red5 OFF
    Stratus OK
    System folder OK

It still does not work with Red5. As I mentioned earlier, this is the error I'm getting in /usr/local/red5/log/error.log:

2011-10-25 10:17:09,569 [main] WARN  o.a.c.core.NamingContextListener - Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create resource factory instance [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory]

The firewall is disabled (no ports are blocked, everything is wide open). JabberCamApp shows up in Red5 admin. Moving jars into the lib directory as per the earlier referenced instructions did not work. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

• I am not an expert with Red5, just guessing…

• make sure tomcat is installed, JabberCamApp runs in tomcat
    • it happened with several people, including us, that a complete step-by step re-install did solve the problem.
      to uninstall Red5, simply delete the directory and killall -u java

• Thanks for the reply. This is not an issue with Red5. It is an issue with JabberCamApp, most likely due to incorrect specification of the correct class libraries in the program. Extensive searches related to the error message shown above have led me to believe that this is the only sensible conclusion, with specific regard to an apparent renaming or repackaging of various classes related to dbcp.

As referenced in your own instructions for configuring this, Tomcat is not a required standalone component, and in fact I believe the requisite Tomcat functionality is built into Red5 0.8.0 itself. I emailed you a step-by-step set of instructions to reproduce this error; I would appreciate further assistance with this problem with JabberCamApp once you have followed those steps. Thanks in advance for your timely reply.

• Even if it is a JabberCamApp bug, the software should work, the Red5 connection wasn't modified since version 4.1 and everyone using Red5 was able to start it. I am not denying any possible bug, just saying if it does not start, it is not the JabberCam Ap. Tomcat is built into 0.8, not built in 1.0. I will ask for the copy of your e-mail. Thank you!

• Hello,

Thanks again for the reply. The application shows up in the Red5 admin panel, but the above referenced error in /usr/local/red5/log/error.log certainly seems to indicate an issue with JabberCamApp itself (related to referencing a Java class that doesn't exist or got renamed, based on what I've found in Google searches).

You can find a complete log of all installation and configuration steps I took here: http://www.palegray.net/projects/flavorconnect/marbles-setup.txt

I would be immensely grateful for any assistance you can provide. If you'd like, I can provide a test environment configured as per the above steps. If you need this, let me know, and I'll set up the test environment and provide access credentials via PM. Thanks in advance for your ongoing help.

• As I see the above is just a warning, did you manage to start RVC with Red5?

• @'Video:

As I see the above is just a warning, did you manage to start RVC with Red5?

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, while the above problem is logged at a "warn" level in Red5, it's actually a critical error with respect to JabberCamApp. The application does not work with Red5 as per the setup described above.

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.