SVC SR … using cirrus

• Hi
    I have got svc_videochat-sr.0.7.1, i want to confirm that it is using CIRRUS.. and is based on RTMFP?
    and if i want to see where it is implementing communication through cirrus, in which file is the source for it ?

Or even after getting this script i have to implement cirrus service on my own ?

Please reply on this, i am bit confused over using the script i have purchased.

Thanks

• Hi
    SVC is using Cirrus (RTMFP), the communication module is inside the SVC0.7 library, a similar (open source) method can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/video-chat/source/browse/trunk/src/JabberCam.as

• the code on google code uses both Cirrus (RTMFP) and Red5 (RTMP), SVC is newer and a better approach, based on the same idea

• Thanks for the reply.
    So.. I don;t need to worry about connections to cirrus, the script provided to me is itself managing that already.. Right ??

And what about customizing SVC SR , i want to select just two users from a table already in my database and start video session between them.
    But registrations.php is getting username, id , partner and other parameters from flash/flex/action script i think, and i just want to send an id which is in session on my website so that two users which are against that record id are fetched and connected because i have seen the fields like username, age, sex etc posted through html are formated and passed to php service url by the action script. How can i change them to make sure that users are selected from already created database of my website instead of registering them to registrations table.

Thanks

• Where can i specify cirrus developer key and server URL (rtmfp://p2p.rtmfp.net)
    Where should i set these credentials so that my demo is connected through cirrus.

@'Video:

Hi
    SVC is using Cirrus (RTMFP), the communication module is inside the SVC0.7 library, a similar (open source) method can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/video-chat/source/browse/trunk/src/JabberCam.as

• the code on google code uses both Cirrus (RTMFP) and Red5 (RTMP), SVC is newer and a better approach, based on the same idea

• there is no need to set the connection type RTMFP/RTMP, SVC works with RTMFP (Cirrus) and it is hard-coded, same with the server URL

• OK. Thanks for your assistance up to here.

Sorry! One more thing, as you said we don't need to specify server type and server URL. OK. But what about developer key? Is is also hard coded? Or we need to set it ? If we need to set it how and where should i set developer key.

Thanks for your help.

• The developer key is also hard-coded (by the original developer, as supposed to) it was an unnecessary and inconvenient setting in previous versions, I think.

• The SVC core is designed to be as user friendly as possible, this being one of the main achievements that made it suitable for so many different communication purposes, including the SVC-SR random video chat software. The new architecture makes it much easier to customize, even for those with no- or limited Flex background. All core libraries and modules that would never need editing are compressed into the SVC core libraries. In case, there is a serious reason to edit any of these compressed files, they are separated from the core and included as config or module in the upcoming version.

• Please i have a question ! if the developer key and cirrus key are hard coded we will have users that are not ours connected to our Videochat else i want only the users who came to my website

thanks what should i do , do i need to modify the keys in the source ?

• No, the developer key does not have anything to do with the connection. To connect locally, you need to set-up a database, using the commercial version of the script: http://www.videosoftware.pro/svc/

If you already have the commercial version, edit config.xml and set the web-service to "local"

• Where can I find step-by-step to install SCV on my server? I cannot seem to find any documentation and none was included in the zip file I purchased.

I don't see any place in the config files provided to specify by Adobe developer code to connect to Cirrus and no documentation makes it hard to guess what to do.

I have: scv_videochat.si.0.9.178.zip and using the random VideoChat.zip for installation.

Is there a missing link to documentation for this program? :huh:

@'Govido':

If you already have the commercial version, edit config.xml and set the web-service to "local"

I changed XML but I still get other users who are accessing the chat. How is it I am having people already using a chat that has not yet been published yet?

I assumed no one would be there at all since I am just now setting this up.

I also don't understand how Cirrus is supposed to function if I don't provide my developer key and the URL provided me by Adobe?

@'Video:

Hi

Thanks for the link…what do I do with it now that I saved a copy as JammerCam.as

2000+ lines of code. Where does it go and where do I supply my Adobe codes?

• Here is the detailed description on how to install SVC-SR: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-and-configuring-SVC-SR-video-chat refer to "Local connection" under TROUBLESHOOTING to solve the problem with connecting to other databases.

© 2108 H7 | Powered by NodeBB

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.