SVC SR - Direct one-to-one video chat

• I have SVC SR 0.7.1
    It is making random chat between users, on clicking next it picks up an available user and selects it for chat.

In my case i want to set up direct one-to-one chat. I want just two users are passed to video chat from my mysql database and they are connected for video chat. No next button required to pick a user randomly.

How can i do this.. Please guide me on this.

• Working on something similar, will post it here when done.

• Thanks for the reply. It will be a great help. I ll be waiting.

• Interested in this also, is there an ETA for this?
    I saw the "Single" element in the latest SVC version 0.71 I think,
    Is this implemented soon else I might want to try to code this myself wich would take lots of time since I'm not a flex developer.

Shouden't be to hard though for you guys (Svc, rvc coders ;))

SVC is using Peer 2 peer.
    So the flex app gives you an unique identifier that you can connect 2 people with right? As long as you know the unique identifier

Would it be possible if you have a login system to generate a unique ID that you can pass to the SVC flex app with another unique ID of another user to connect the 2 or are these random generated ( how are these generated anyways? )
    Interesting stuff.

• same is the case with me, i am not a flex developer, otherwise i would have done it myself till now. Waiting for someone from SVC coders to do the help.
    It will be highly appreciated.

• @'jordan':

Interested in this also, is there an ETA for this?
    I saw the "Single" element in the latest SVC version 0.71 I think,
    Is this implemented soon else I might want to try to code this myself wich would take lots of time since I'm not a flex developer.

Shouden't be to hard though for you guys (Svc, rvc coders ;))

SVC is using Peer 2 peer.
    So the flex app gives you an unique identifier that you can connect 2 people with right? As long as you know the unique identifier

Would it be possible if you have a login system to generate a unique ID that you can pass to the SVC flex app with another unique ID of another user to connect the 2 or are these random generated ( how are these generated anyways? )
    Interesting stuff.

The SVC user ID is a long string in XML format that can be plain or encoded (doesn't really matter unless you're archiving the database, the default software does not, everything is real-time, old data is removed in seconds). The string contains information about the user (that may contain data from facebook or any other script, including joomla and wordpress) the only thing matters when connecting two users together is the USERNAME (first name with Facebook). If you generate a username and send it to SVC instead of first name, it will work fine. In short, what you are looking for is built in.

Even calling users based on a online users list is built in SVC but unreleased in SVC-SR. It is expected to be re-included soon.

• Hey Video chat
    Could you post an example of adding 2 users together based on URL POST or GET parameters?

Is this feature in new SVC already or when to ETA expected? thx for all the hard work

• Hello Jordan,

The function you asking for is not released and we don't know the exact parameters. The reason we all refer to it as existing function is the 0.1 beta version that used to have a list of online users you could click on and call.
    This feature request was sent for inclusion into the 1.0 version, Flexer may know more if so, he'll post here an answer

• Hi Video Chat,
    Any news on release with one-to-one video chat feature.

• Nothing yet, however …
    the latest build came out with the 0.9 libs, meaning 0.9 is (almost) done. This is an important milestone, speeding up the connection with at least 10x -did test it, an eye-blink- and lowering the chance of a dropped connection to minimal (~0)

there is nothing on the SVC list that could be more important than one-to-one call ... nothing else could be next as I see it

• there are some UI -related features to be included in the next release. the SVC core development has one-to-one chat as first feature to be added to the upcoming release. a beta will come with/before SVC-SR 1.0, it could be done any weekend, preferably this month ; )

• Jabbercam count me in as beta tester if you need some persistent testers ;)

© 2108 H7 | Powered by NodeBB

Looks like your connection to H7 was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.